Postgraduate Sector definition:
-Vice Dean for Graduate Studies and Research and Cultural relations oversees the sector
-The sector consists of five administrative divisions as follows:
- Graduate Studies.
- Scientific Research.
- Cultural relations.
- The faculty journal.
- The Library.
Objectives of the sector:
Graduate Studies and Research and Cultural ties altogether to achieve the following:
- Preparation of scientific personnel capable of conducting scientific research in various agricultural fields.
- Preparing research cadres for master degrees and doctoral degrees.
- Hone the skills of graduate students to keep up with the age requirement by study foreign languages and increase the skills to deal with the computer.
- Facilitate scientific research in collaboration with local or foreign institutions.
- Linking faculty members with states and foreign institutions by sending them abroad for friction in various scientific schools.
- Provide faculty members in conferences and seminars of various scientific researches to participate in attendance or preparation of scientific papers.
- Contract programs and cooperation protocols with foreign countries and organizations for the exchange of faculty members and conduct joint research and student exchange visits.
Activities and functions of the sector:
- Follow up the implementation of decisions of the Supreme Council of Universities and the University Council and the Board of Postgraduate Affairs.
- Organize accepting graduate students.
- Follow students and curriculum to meet their periodic reports.
- Manage all graduate students data on university database.
- Make all the statistics and reports related to graduates.
- Preparation of exam tasks and distribution committees’ tables.