Director of Administration:
Prof. Dr Tariq Mohamed Ahmed Abdel Rady
The work in student care at the college is divided into two main parts:
First: Students Activities and the Students’ Union.
Second: Social Solidarity Fund.
First: Students Activities and the Students’ Union
Student unions are consist of the faculty’s regular students who have paid the student union fees and aims to achieve the following:
- Develop spiritual and moral values and patriotic awareness among students.
- Inculcate a healthy spirit among students and closer links between them, faculty and staff.
- Discover and encourage students’ hobbies, abilities and skills.
- Encouragement of the formation of student’s groups and Cooperative societies and support their activities.
- Organization of sports, social, scouting, artistic and cultural activities and raising their level.
- Benefit from the energies of students in the service of the community to develop the nation.
The faculty Student’s Union Council worked to achieve the goals of student unions in practising student activities through the following committees:
– Bonds Committee.
– Sports Activity Committee.
– Cultural Activities Committee.
– Artistic Activities Committee.
– Scouting and Public Service
– Social activity and trips committee.
Second: Social Solidarity Fund
It aims to achieve social insurance for students in various ways.
Work on solving the problems that face students and prevent them from continuing their studies quietly due to the inability of their financial income, and provide them with in-kind and financial support for the unable students.
The Functions of Student Activities Committees
First: Sports Activity
It includes a variety of sports activities throughout the year and it includes the following activities:
- Team games: Football, Basketball, Handball, and Volleyball.
- Individual games: Athletics, Swimming, Bodybuilding, Judo, Squash, Tennis, Weight lifting, Wrestling, Boxing, Taekwondo, Speedball, Badminton, Strength measurement, and Table tennis.
- Fitness centre.
- Sports meetings with different establishments and universities.
- An internal role in the faculty.
- Free trips for participants in the sports activity
- Obtaining advanced positions in various individual and team games
- Table tennis lounge
Cultural Activities Committee.
- The cultural activity develops student talents by holding various cultural symposiums and organizing the following cultural competitions:
- Religious activity competitions.
- Short story competitions.
- Wall journals competition.
- Article competitions.
- Cup competitions for who?
- Poetry and Zajal competitions.
- Arabic calligraphy competitions.
- Holding various exhibitions.
- Conducting training courses in English and computer.
- Creation different groups (literary-scientific-science club-press-environmental preservation).
- Achieving advanced positions at the university level.
Third: Artistic activity:
The artistic activity refines and highlights the talents of students through the following programs and fields:
- Training students on music and singing at the Training Center in Ain Helwan.
- Participation in the annual visual arts exhibition at the university level.
- The exhibitions were exchanged between the university faculties.
- Participation in the annual arts festival for theatrical arts.
- Variety competition (single singing – solo playing – team music…etc.).
- Training students in various fields of visual arts under specialized leadership.
Fields of figurative competition
- Painting Art.
- Graphics “Drawing – Printed Designs”.
- Decorative arts.
- Crafts (printing and weaving – wood and metal works).
- Shaping with different materials.
Fourth: Scouting and Public Service Committee.
The Scout Committee works to develop scouting skills and train hikers and rangers in various scouting activities through the following programs:
- Make Regular meetings of the roaming.
- Establish a Training camp and selection of roamers.
- Scout and Guidance Festival for Scouts at the university.
- Scouting trade course at the level of Commerce Faculties in Egyptian Universities.
- Scout exhibition inside and outside the Faculty.
- Local and central public service.
- Obtaining distinguished supervision in the Scout and Guidance Camp at the University.
- Establishing an entertaining camp at the end of the activity.
- Get the position of the first roamer in males and females.
- Getting first in the Scout Exhibition at the University.
Fifth: Social activity and trips committee:
The Social Activities Committee of the Faculty organizes the following competitions:
- Social theme competition.
- The ideal student competition.
- A chess competition.
- Organizing blood donation campaigns.
- Organizing entertainer trips to various tourist places in the Republic.
Sixth, student bonds:
- Student bonds are formed at the beginning of each academic year.
- The number of students in one bond ranges between 50: – 100 students from all the different academic classes in the Faculty.
- Student Groups practice various student activities through the different committees in each group.
- It does the ideal student competition.
- The group Committee works to develop ties between students and faculty members and to emphasize the spirit of cooperation, love and brotherhood among them.
- Mubarak’s group obtained a second-place award at the university level.
- The first position of Ideal female student at the university level.
- Distinguished Family: Environment Family (1st place).
Other Student Services:
Social Solidarity Fund Subsidies:
The Social Solidarity Fund provides in-kind and financial subsidies to students who are unable, according to the following conditions:
- The student takes a social research form from Youth care to be filled out by the student.
- One of the conditions for disbursing the aid is that the student must be a newcomer to his class.
- The student must be Egyptian.
- He should not have disciplinary sanctions that prevent him from disbursing subsidies.
- If the student’s guardian works in the government, he must bring a statement of salary.
- The income of the individual in the family should not exceed 120 pounds per month.
- If the guardian of the student is the pensioner, he must bring a statement of the pension.
- If the student’s guardian is a farmer, he must bring social research from the social unit in which the student resides, as well as a statement of agricultural holding.
- Submitting a request in the name of the Prof. Dr. / Dean of the Faculty explaining the student social and economic conditions of the family.
10-Bring a copy of the page on which the family members are registered with the ration card.
Supplementary meals for students:
The student does the following to extract the nutrition card from the Faculty.
- The student must have paid the tuition fees.
- Not to be staying in the University City.
- Bring a personal photo of the student.
- Pay 50 piasters for the value of the nutrition card.
- The price of dry food is determined by the university.
Therapeutic services are provided to students through:
- Therapeutic units in each Faculty and for the University Faculty in Ain Helwan (therapeutic unit in Building “3”).
- University Hospital next to Helwan Faculty of Technology.
Procedures for benefiting from medical services:
- The sick student submits to the treatment unit of his Faculty with his Faculty card or proof of payment of tuition fees and a personal photo.
- A medical file will be extracted for him, on which his photo will be placed from outside, and he will have a specific number that will continue with him during the period of his studies.
- The medical examination is signed on the sick student and the appropriate treatment is insisted upon him.
- When the drug is not available at the unit pharmacy, the pharmacist indicates this and buys it from the public sector pharmacies according to an invoice that the student submits with the prescription and medication to the treatment unit to review the drug for disbursement of its value, and the bill, whose exceeds 50 pounds, sends to the General Administration of Medical Affairs to extract the value of the treatment by check for the student.