The Quality Assurance Unit of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at South Valley University was established in 2009, where an internal regulation for the Unit was drafted in line with the rules of the University’s Quality Assurance Centre, also in line with the Faculty’s mission and the University’s strategy in the field of Quality Assurance and accreditation. The Unit was accredited as a management entity for monitoring and evaluating performance within the Faculty in accordance with Faculty Council Decision No. 116.
- The internal regulation of the unit consists of the following items:
Item 1: Goals and objectives of the Unit:
- Placing the Faculty in the ranks of the distinguished veterinary faculties at the national and regional levels by achieving a high level of performance and maintaining continuous improvement of its output with a view to obtaining accreditation in its educational programs and making it a distinct institution in the educational, research and community service process.
- Dissemination of quality culture and performance evaluation throughout the education system and research and service activities of the Faculty.
- Adopting mechanisms for follow-up and performance evaluation in all educational, research and service activities of the Faculty in light of the standards of the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation to achieve the mission and objectives of the Faculty, through:
- Improving the institutional and human capabilities of the Faculty and qualifying it for excellence through specialized training programs to raise the efficiency of individuals.
- Spreading the culture and concepts of quality among all employees of the departments and administrations within the Faculty, which achieves excellence in performance and supports the completion of tasks.
- Improving the quality of the academic programs offered by the Faculty, which is reflected in the level of graduates and their competitive abilities.
Item 2 : Duties and Tasks of the Unit:
- Documenting the vision, mission and strategic objectives of the Faculty and the mechanism for updating them.
- Spreading the culture and concepts of quality among faculty members, students, employees and the surrounding community.
- Establishing a database and electronic information for the Faculty’s human and material resources to be used in setting policies and improvement plans, as well as developing a mechanism to update them.