Objectives of the sector:
- Creating bridges for closer engagement and relations between the faculty as an academic and research institutions and agricultural organizations.
- Activating the role of the special units and centers of the faculty to serve the community and marketing services.
- Awareness of community service of faculty through involvement the students and faculty members in the various activities offered by the faculty to serve the community.
Functions of Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development:
- Supervision on special units and centers in the faculty.
- Interest in the programs and training courses needed to raise the efficiency of members of the community to absorb new scientific methods and techniques.
- Interest in research and applied studies needed to solve problems related to society and the environment in conjunction with the various agencies and authorities responsible for it.
- Organizing and holding seminars on topics of community service and the environment.
- Overseeing the organization of scientific conferences and applied research on issues affecting the community and the environment.
- Implementation of scientific and convoys’ guidance in various agricultural fields.
- Provision of scientific advice in the areas of community service and environment development.
- Permanent seek to create job opportunities for young graduates.
- Direct the work of the Committee of Safety and Occupational Health and secure work environment.
- Supervise the work of crises and disasters unit, training unit and maintenance unit.