The economic and social return from the establishment of the Faculty of Engineering in Qena varies to include the following:
- The College of Engineering in Qena South Valley University will serve a large number of citizens in the South Valley. This college can serve more than five million people in the governorates of Qena, the Red Sea and the New Valley.
- The establishment of the College of Engineering – South Valley University provides job opportunities for young graduates in the various fields of engineering to serve investment and industrial projects in the governorate, which contributes to solving the unemployment problem in the South Valley region.
- Bridging the severe deficit in engineering majors in the South Valley, and if the College of Engineering – South Valley University will admit, for example, (200) students to join the first division in the year 2007/2008 AD, God Almighty’s will, then this means that this college needs to graduate a number (200) An engineer, which is much less than the region’s needs.
- The College of Engineering – South Valley University provides the needs of the Arab countries, especially the Gulf countries, in what they require from engineers in various specializations, and faculty members specializing in the engineering field, which can generate hard currency from the transfer of the savings of those workers in the Arab Gulf states that are shown in the advertisements Periodicals in different national newspapers.
- The establishment of the College of Engineering in Qena that meets the needs of expansion in order to meet the increase in population in Qena Governorate and the neighboring governorates (about 5 million people).
- The governorate of Qena is characterized by the presence of a number of important strategic and integrative factories, such as the aluminum complex in Naga Hammadi, sugar, paper, wood, cement, industrial areas, architectural, historical and archaeological areas, cities and new urban communities, and it will be in great need of numbers of engineers in all disciplines.
- Qena governorate is one of the richest governorates in mineral wealth, which the state seeks to benefit from to a large degree. This requires the presence of a college of engineering that contributes to planning and research follow-up on how to exploit this tremendous wealth.