Under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Youssef Ghrabawy, President of the University, the supervision of Prof. Dr. Ahmed Kamal Nassary, Vice President for Community Service and Environmental Development Affairs, and in cooperation with the Anti-Violence Against Women Unit at the University, a symposium was organized by the Community Service and Environmental Development Sector on combating violence against women at Faculty of Science, in the presence of Dr. Hoda Saadi, Reporter of the National Council for Women, Dr. Duwaib Hussein, Dean of Faculty of Law, and Dr. Khaled ibn Al-Walid, Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development of Faculty of Science.
The symposium began with a word of welcome to the reporter of the National Council for Women, which explained the reason for celebrating the International Day Against Violence Against Women, which falls on the twenty-fifth of November of each year, and indicated the goals and role of the Anti-Violence Against Women Unit in combating violence against women at the university.
It is worth noting that the symposium focused on important points as the following:
- Violence against women and its various types.
- International efforts to combat violence against women by shedding light on CEDAW.
- Egypt’s role in combating violence against women.
- Positive intervention by the state to support the presence of women, especially in the political field.
- The role of the University and the National Council for Women in supporting women.