Science and Technology Development Fund Launches Mega Anti-Coronavirus Scientific Project
March 30, 2020
The Funding Authority of Science, Technology and Innovation on Saturday, March 28, 2020 launched an emergency appeal for all researchers to submit anti-coronavirus research projects. The authority will receive projects till April 9, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Khalid Abdel Ghaffar said in a statement.
The research shall cover fields of medicine, pharmacy, medical supplies, public health and information technology which up to EGP 2 million will be allocated for each project.
The research fields include:
- Developing fast and cheap virus detectors.
- Amending available drugs.
- Setting an Egyptian protocol for treating cases.
- Developing a new vaccine.
- Producing protective masks, hazmat suits, gloves, ventilators and air purifiers for isolation units.
They also cover:
- Developing sterilization solutions.
- Re-disinfecting masks.
- Developing mobile apps to follow up the virus spread.
- Building a mega platform for analyzing coronavirus data.